Monday, July 26, 2010

Altered Chalkboard.....

This is an altered chalkboard that I made for my MIL and FIL!
I purchased the small chalkboard from Michaels and I inked up the sides with Distress ink.
Next, I stamped a boarder image along the sides using SatzOn Jet Black ink.
I stamped and embossed the "Faith" stamp with gold embossing powder.
The leaf vine is a die cut of mine and I painted over it to tone it down with my own homemade shimmer paint.
I added my handmade paper flowers. the bottom left, is made from a scalloped punch and the upper right flower is made with the small retro flower punch.
the heart tag and the "thankful" saying are stickers and finally I added the "Believe" embellishment at the bottom.
I forgot to take a picture of the back which I finished with a piece of card stock, a "Faith, Hope & Love" stamp with a boarder punched lace trim....and of course a hand written note to them.

Any questions please let me know....

No comments: