Friday, February 25, 2011

Sunflower mini

Today I want to share a mini I made for a dear friend of mine. It's all about her first great grandchild who's her biggest blessing.
I got this idea from watching a YT video by Regan at Emora Designs.
She made it look so simple but I had a bugger of a time getting the paper to adhere to the chipboard.....why I do not know but the end result was worth it!

I used the Sizzix originals die "Sunflower #2" from the outlet store...I checked and it's still available for $2.39. I cut 12 light chipboard pieces and 12 out of white card stock.
I than colored each card stock with my Luminarte Radient Pearls by Creative Imaginations. I've had these paints for years and they are still as juicy as when I first bought them.
I wish you could see how shimmery they really are....the color is more vibrant than any shimmer mist out there.
While the pages were drying I glued two flowers together with a 1 3/4" circle between them.

Once the pages were dry I glued a card stock flower to each side of the chipboard flower. The pictures were cut with the 1 3/4" circle and glued to the front of each flower.

Once I got everything glued down 3-4 times...I don't know what that was all about...I think I need to try the Zip Dry glue cuz the Scotch glue didn't work well. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch holes and set eyelets.
I printed off the title and the verse above, off my printer and attached them to chipboard pieces.
I then used a piece of pink ribbon to attache the pages and an angel charm to the front.
Darn...the picture showing the back just got deleted....all I did was place a piece of pattern paper with a butterfly on it to the back circle.

I really like the way this mini turned out and probably will make another one for my grandchildren. Also, these would make great photo magnet gifts too!

That's it for today...enjoy your weekend and be as creative as you can not only in your art but in your life♥

4 comments:

Alex said...

oh that's just gorgeous ! what type of glue do you use for adhere paper ? I want to try mini album and I heard there are some new ones?

D said...

Sooo cute!!!! What a fun mini :)

Noel said...

Alex, the glue I used was the Scotch Quick Dry...well it dried quick but it didn't stick...go figure. I had to glue some of the flowers 3-5 times..UGH! I heard that the Zip Dry glue is the best...going to pick some of that up on Monday and try it out on the flower magnets.

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

noel!!
these are wonderful <3