Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day is on it's way...just 2 days away!

Her are a couple of cards I made for my scrubby....he has the whole weekend off...funny how that is, he usually works Mother's Day weekend...lol!

This card above I used a card from Ikea, mounted onto another piece of kraft cardstock.
I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo, mounted a strip at the bottom from the G45 Curtain Call collection. I used Tim Holtz stamp set "The Journey". The car is counted on pop dots as well as "Enjoy The Journey" that I just cut apart and staggered the words to fill in the blank space.


This next one would not come together....everything I tried was a disaster....my friend came over last night to make bookmarks for the youth group craft day...was quite amused...lol!
But this morning walla....here's the end result.
I sprayed a piece of black cardstock with SU "Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint". I like the fine shimmer it gives.....very vibrant!
I stamped the "Father"s Day" stamp that I got at Joann's dollar bin on white cardstock and than layered with pop dots onto two Spellbinder die cuts. All the white cardstock is edged with the Black Soot distress ink.
At the bottom, I placed some metal tape onto a scratch piece of cardstock, stamped it with black StazsOn ink and cut out an oval. That too is placed on with pop dots.

For the inside I stamped out a top hat from a dollar stamp set from Joanns cut it out and glued it into the corner....kinda gives it a little dimension.

That's is for my cards....hope you enjoyed them.

Pasa Chara♥

No comments: