Sunday, January 1, 2012

My December Creations

I had some time to make a few things for the house and some handmade Christmas cards. I have some great ideas for next year.....one that will do double duty...I'll post some pics later.
Below is a "Merry Christmas" sign I make with the Tim Holtz medium size rosette die, Christmas scrapbook paper, Sizzlits alphabet letter die and some glitter paper. It's attacked to a red felt matt board and I just glued a Christmas ribbon to the back for hanging.


Christmas card #1 I used an EK boarder punch with red shimmer paper for the top, an EK corner punch for the bottom corners of card, the black piece is cut from a Sizzix Top Note die edged in silver pigment ink. The ornament is a Tim Holtz mover & shaper die and the other is a die using the "Postage Stamp" Nestabilite die. Both stamps used are from Joann's dollar bin.
All edges of the card inside and out are inked with a light brown die ink.

Below is the inside of card #1....the ornament is an old original Sizzix die that I edged in ink and stamped.

Card #2...a very simple card. I used a snowflake pattern paper for the background, stamped it with a snowflake flourish stamp and Believe stamp and glued a blue snowflake embellishment on the top.

The inside is very simple also, used two sizes of a nestability die set and stamped the sentiment on that.

Card #3...this is hubby's favorite.....I used a full 8 1/2 - 11 sheet of cardstock for this one, folded in half. I first stamped the snowflake background using silver pigment ink. I used 3 different Spellbinder nestabilitie dies, a snowman stamp, that I fussy cut, a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder, pop dots and bling for the front.



The inside I used a sizzlets ornament die and snowflake punch for the top embellishment. The sentiment I designed, printed out and edged in red die ink.

This little "Noel" banner I made the same way as the "Merry Christmas" hanging sign above.
This is attached to my craft room door....in case I get lost I know where I belong.....heehee!


No comments: