Saturday, June 16, 2012

Early Father's Day gift!

An early Father's Day gift.......it turned out just the way I hoped it would.
 It's a metal framed art piece I made. This is his favorite praise and worship song "It Is Well With My Soul"
 I cut two pieces of matt board and glued them together to fit inside the frame. I them glued the different size and shape chipboard letters to the board...staggering them to fit and give it character. I then randomly glued down some plastic webbing not quite sure what the technical name for it is.  After that, I used metal flashing tape that I purchased at Walmart to cover the entire board.
Once all the tape is down I used the end of some paint brushes to detail all the letters and the webbing. I don't have the larger ball stylus at this time so I improvised and used what I had on hand.
Once all the tape is secure and detailed I painted the entire board with black acrylic paint...then used baby wipes to remove much of the paint but left enough to accent here and there.  
The frame I purchased at a tag sale for $1.00 and sprayed it with grey primer...then I accented it here and there with silver rub in buff. I then let it sit over night to dry and then sprayed both pieces with gloss sealer.

I couldn't wait till Sunday so I had to give it to him last night....he was so surprised!
I thank God for my crafty talent and consider myself so blessed to have a hubby who loves whatever I create for him....but this one is at the top of his list....heehee!
Happy Father's Day to my wonderful hubby♥♥

9 comments:

Misty said...

Love love love this! I am definately going to try this. Beautiful!

Misty said...

Love love love this! I am definately going to try this. Beautiful!

Misty said...

Love love love this! I am definately going to try this. Beautiful!

Misty said...

Love love love this! I am definately going to try this. Beautiful!

tumblingcarrie said...

totally amazing noel. love it

Noel said...

Thank you Misty and Carrie for your sweet comments♥

Noel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debmuc said...

Wow Misty really loves this project lol! I too love how you did this. Especially adding the bits of webbing as that really set if off - the whole thing is just so masculine. Thanks for sharing the how to!

Noel said...

ahahaha...yeah I noticed that. Thanks Deb for the comment. Hugs